Saturday, July 3, 2010

Catching Up Again!

I finally took some time today to catch up on the blogging world!! It was so wonderful! Everybody has been busy too!!

I finished sewing the hexagon quilt top together.

I am pleased with how it turned out. It is about 50" square.
I think I will put it a side for a while to work on the Schnibbles Contest quilt.

Last week I mentioned that I was working on a castle for the grade 8 graduation at my youngest child's school. This is how it turned out -

Thirty-one lights in the windows to represent the children graduating. Their theme was "Princess and Princes", much to my child's dismay. Next years graduating class will have twenty boys and five girls, my son's classmate wants "monster trucks" as the theme!! LOL

My youngest child has been making bird houses, wood working is his new hobby.

This one has an old license plate for the roof.

The garden is growing well.

Morden Sunrise Rose, it smells wonderful!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by!!

7 comments:

SheilaC said...

That castle looks great!! Who got to take it home? :)

I love your hexies... that is the setting that I want to try out.. not sure what colors yet though.

Have a great weekend

SheilaC

Wendy said...

Great Castle!!! But I understand the sentiment of Monster Trucks next year.

Nice birdhouses, too.

jilly said...

Hi Joanne,

Nice to see you spending time outside. I love your yard and so enjoy seeing pictures.

One talented family you all are. Cute birdhouses!!!

Enjoy the great outdoors!!

Blessings,
jilly

Sandra Henderson said...

WOW!~Look at all that green grass, flowers, and a CASTLE?!!? :)
I really love your quilt~fabric choices and workmanship are incredible!

Michelle Lovatt said...

I love how the red turned out.

Deanna said...

Hobbies are so good for the soul--I have in my life tried everything from stamp collecting to fly tying and, of course, quilting. Learned something at each stage. Wouldn't change it.

Gloria said...

The quilt looks great! Can't wait to see how you will quilt it!

And your yard is lovely, it is obvious you put alot of work into that, too.