Saturday, July 24, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In Results

I decided to join last nights "Friday Night Sew-In", and had so much fun!

I finished quilting the border on the little Schnibbles quilt. I drew the vein for the center of the feather and then did the loops free hand. I did a wavy center line but then did loops to fill the width of the border.
All the machine quilting is finished!!

Sewing on the binding. Regular Aurifil thread and a walking foot.

Hand stitching the binding to the back.

The little Schnibbles is all finished!! I am really pleased with how it turned out. I can see why people are so addicted to them. It was a lot of fun to make and the pattern was so well explained.

I think I am going to call it something like "Standing Out in a Crowd" or "Shining Star" because of the darker star in the center. If any one has any suggestions - that would be great.

Finishing this quilt is also one of my Charming Girls Quilt Club, July/August goals completed! Yeah!

Don't forget you have until Sunday at midnight to enter my contest!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

16 comments:

Karen said...

It's BEAUTIFUL, Joanne and your quilting is exquisite. Great job!

Deanna said...

Beautiful--I have quilting envy. Beautiful work!

Tiffany said...

Your quilting is gorgeous, you did such a lovely job. It's a great pattern, I've been pondering working this up myself.

Wendy said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! I'm back home and itching to get started sewing again. I have plans for more stitching on that green and tan table topper I did.

I love your Schnibbles!

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne, that is absolutely beautiful! Your quilting is exquisite! If it were mine, I might call it "You Are My Only One"!

I bet there will be more Schnibbles in your future! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

GailM. said...

Love your finished piece.

Heidi said...

WOW - Your quilting is beautiful! You were able to get so much done. Way to go!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

B-E-A-utiful! Just beautiful! Love the quilting - and the fabric! Way to sew!

Madame Samm said...

this is just lovely...ok, not just lovely...soft, pretty, comforting, decadent..there that sounds more like it...
blessings ms

Dawnmarie said...

that is a gorgeous quilt! Your quilting looks so great!

Gloria said...

Love your quilt, Joanne! Gorgeous quilting! And the lace project, and the lovely garden...is there nothing that you don't do well? I'm envious!

Looks like you are having a great summer!

Penny said...

Love your Schnibble quilt. Beautiful fabric choice and beautiful quilting. I am going to do a Schnibble next month. I am glad you had a good experience. It is encouraging.

joan said...

Aboslutely gorgeous! I too love the Schnibbles.

Sandra said...

Your little quilt is stunning! Love the feathers in the border. Nice job!

Your charming friend:)

Sammy said...

Hi, This is the first time I visit your blog, and I have to admit I love it. It is simply lovely, and the quilt is beautifully done.

Well done.


Take care.


-Samya :-)

SheilaC said...

Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is amazing!!

Great job!
SheilaC