Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Free Motion Quilting

I started quilting my little Schnibbles quilt.

My youngest helped pick out the quilting pattern from some samples I tried and I think he made a good choice. I am using Invisafil thread (100wt) with an #80 Microtex needle. I used Warm and White cotton batting for this quilt.
It has been a while since I did some free motion quilting and I had forgotten home much fun it is! It probably helps that this is just a little quilt.

This is the first bloom on this Winnipeg Parks rose.

Please don't forget to enter my contest! Odds are pretty good so far!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

canuckquilter said...

Very pretty. I love your free-motion work. You're inspiring me to sit down and practice a bit each day...once we settle back into routine when school starts.

Cyndi said...

Joanne, you do such beautiful free motion quilting...I know that little quilt is going to be gorgeous! And that's a lovely rose...mine have all gone! :o(

XOXO,

Cyndi

Sandra Henderson said...

Oh how I wish I could FMQ...
I love this quilt!!!!! very beautiful!
oh how I miss my roses. I use to have them in my front yard in town. I do have a few here, but don't tend them like I should. I use to go out every morning w/my coffee and "mess with them". :)