Monday, July 26, 2010

Contest Winner!

Today is the draw for the $40 GC for CSN stores.
Thank-you to everyone that entered!

Very technical I know!

I am thrilled to announce that the winner is the very talented Cyndi from BLUEBIRDSWING! Congratulations!

Coincidentally Cyndi also suggested a great name for the little Schnibbles quilt, so I am going to call it "My One and Only"! Thanks Cyndi!


I have been working on the Romanian Point Lace - 4 more flowers and only 8 more to go (along with meters of braid and filling in stitches).

I think I will work on filling in the some of the areas now.


I started making a new quilt too! "Diamonds at Large" is from the book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott.

It is very easy and only takes one layer cake (border, binding and all) to make a 45" x 60" quilt. The layer cake is Harvest Home by Blackbird designs (Moda). I bought it on special from Hamels, when I went to a quilt show this spring (it is still listed for the same price on their web site - $32).
The pattern calls for a layer cake with a strong light/dark contrast and this one doesn't really have it, but I am hoping that it will work out. I liked the idea of making something with just a layer cake - so I am trying it out!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool about the new quilt. Your lace is coming along well, too. You make the cutest things!

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne... I am thrilled! I can't believe my good luck lately!
Thank you so, so much - I'm sure I'll have fun with that gift card!

And I'm also very thrilled and honored that you liked the name I suggested for your Schnibbles and are going to call it what I suggested. That's as good as winning a prize! :o)

Thank you again!

XOXO,

Cyndi

canuckquilter said...

Your lace is exquisite! How did you learn that craft? Books or teachers or both?

magirite said...

Beautiful quilt and handwork. Saw your tatted doily. Very impressive. I've tried but just couldn't get it. I have tried tatting with the needle. Need lots of practice.
Fun blog!

SheilaC said...

That is a great name for your quilt!!!

SheilaC

Krystle said...

Hi! I just learned about Romanian point Lace, would you be willing to share where you get your patterns and information?

Krystle said...

.