Thursday, May 10, 2012

Friendship Mini Sampler Quilt Part 7

Ready to sew all the blocks together and add the border.


Stitch the Flying Geese to the Basket Block, the Churn Dash to one of the 9-Patches and the Ohio Star to the other 9-Patch. Sew the groups of blocks together.

The border pieces are cut from 3" strips. The short sides are cut 6+1/2" and the long sides are cut 10+1/2".
Stitch a 4-Patch to both ends of a short border piece. Stitch both long border pieces to the long sides of the quilt. Add the 4-Patch/border pieces to the short sides.


The blocks are laid out this way because the quilt is designed to go either vertically or horizontally.

Almost there - tomorrow is the last day of the quilt along. I will have the pattern for the appliqué and ideas for quilting.

12 comments:

Marga (MarPie) said...

This one is looking great, I am of to make the last parts and the borders. Thanks again Joanne.

Sheila said...

Thanks Joanne, very cute, I have enjoyed this mini :-)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Cute mini sampler quilt,Joanne. Great way to use up fabric from our scrap bag!

Carolyn :)

Rosa said...

awesome miniquilt!!

Nancy said...

Thanks, this has been fun!

Barb said...

what a charming sampler -
thanks for all the great tutorials!
xo

Karen said...

Sweet! I just have the churn dash yet to do, and then can start the borders. It's been great fun. Thanks!

Betweens said...

I love this! I am going to get it done and all caught up this weekend! thanks for posting the refering posts to the blocks..
Geesh you are a talented person and always so productive with wonderful quilts at the end...I need more time!!

Sylke said...

It's a cute mini quilt!

Joan said...

can see I will have to come back to this....sometime .... Looks great

Lucy said...

It is a darling.

Helen said...

Whew! FINALLY re-did my Ohio star (block 2) - and finished my sampler all the way up TO final quilting and applique (which I'm not certain I will do!) I like it - chopped points and all(although it REALLY chopped up some of my favorite blocks!

http://momslifeupsidedown.blogspot.com/2012/06/yee-haw-another-finish.html