Saturday, May 5, 2012

Barnswallow Quilt Show 2012

I went to a quilt show in Morden, Manitoba today. It was lovely and I have lots of pictures to share.
Please don't pin/lift these pictures as they are not my work - thank-you.

To get an idea of sizes - all the white labels are the same size.
These are from the book "Quilted Symphony"
by Gloria Loughman
from the same book

Henrietta Whiskers

A Lori Smith pattern








The following are from the featured quilter - Evelyn Hoeppner (not her in the picture). 


Even a Dear Jane!

Strings made with old ties

A collection of miniatures



The following were from a mystery quilt pattern







The quilting on this one was stunning (sorry about the bad photograph).









This one was stunning in person





a close up of the little sculptures,
made from railway paraphernalia






I liked how the feathers went
through all the borders
The borders on this one were quilted differently










Pennies from Heaven
The next two are from the Christmas section -







Even Hardanger









A beautiful old crazy quilt






licorice all-sorts

It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, but the best part was that I got to meet a friend I met through my blog. We met in person for the first time today.
Thanks Maxine - I had a great time and I hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Joanne!! I thoroughly enjoyed each and every quilt. So inspiring.

Raewyn said...

Wow what a great display of quilts. Love the mystery ones too - different to many mysteries we see.

Ruth said...

Lots of amazing quilts! Thanks!

Doniene said...

Wow, what amazing quilts! I couldn't have picked a favorite - but I did love that old crazy quilt!!! The applique was extraordinary! Thanks for sharing!!!

ileanak said...

Hej! Vad bra för mig att jag tittade förbi så, kan jag se alla underbara lapptäcke och samtidigt tur för dig som kunde se dem med egna ögon!Jag själv tycker mycket om de lapptäcke som görs med applikationer ,som återspeglar naturens underbara skönhet!

Marga (MarPie) said...

Thanks for sharing!! You had a great time it shows.

Kind regards,
Marga♥

Barb said...

what an incredible quilt show - so many different quilt styles!! It looks like great inspiration.
Thanks for posting them for us to enjoy.

Lesley said...

Thank you for a wonderful parade of quilts! Your pictures are wonderful and the quilts amazing!

Chris said...

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Karen said...

Wow! Many, many good quilts. Lots of applique quilts too. I love that red & green applique quilt. I am sure you had a good time getting to see the quilts up close and personal.