Monday, May 7, 2012

Friendship Mini Sampler Quilt Part 4

This little Basket Block is the most complicated and biggest block of the mini quilt - good for a Monday.



You will need -
       from the print -
                                half of a 2+7/8" square (cut in half on the diagonal) for the basket
                                1 - 1+7/8" square, cut in half on the diagonal.
                                2 - 2" squares for the half square triangles
       from the background -
                                1 - 2+7/8" square cut in half on the diagonal
                                2 - 1+1/2" x 2+1/2" rectangles
                                1 - 1+1/2" square
                                2 - 2" squares for the half square triangles

I use a little ruler to trim the points off of the triangles.


Make the four half square triangles following my tutorial, using the 2" squares. Trim the half square triangles to 1+1/2" squares.


The pieces are put together like this, and you are finished 5 of the blocks!

5 comments:

Marga (MarPie) said...

Thanks again, It is looking great and I have a lot of fun making them.

Kind regards,
Marga♥

Deanna said...

What a great block! I have been wanting to make one of these for a while. I must admit, though, that all the different sizes and designs of blocks only deepens the mystery. Hmmm....

Karen said...

I'm enjoying this too, and trying to keep up. I've never done this block before though. Could you elaborate on the sequence of how to piece them in the end? Thanks for doing this!

Karen said...

I'm okay now. Got another coffee and figured it out, lol!

Helen said...

block 3 done and on to 4 - I love this one!

BTW - I have to update picture on my blog - that one had PROBLEMS - which have been fixed. Have new pix but not on blog yet