Monday, May 23, 2011

What to Quilt?

I have finished quilting the apple core quilt, now I have to decide what design to quilt on this quilt! I layered and pinned it today.

the picture doesn't do it justice
Another king size quilt - it is about 105" square (fills my dining room!). I think I will do a feather design in the outer border, but I haven't decided what design to quilt in the center.

It is a quilt top that my mother made. The pattern was inspired by "Facets" from an old issue of Quiltmaker magazine (Jan/Feb '03). I modified it with EQ7. She made it from Robert Kaufman fabric I bought while on holiday in Oregon a few years ago.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Desley said...

Very pretty quilt. I can see the light fabric 'star' shape and the dark fabric 'star' shape. How about some sort of motif emphasising the shape made by the way the fabric is pieced?

Deanna said...

Whoa! That is a BIG quilt. Maybe a sort of chrysanthanum pattern. Not easy, but reflecting the pattern in the fabric?

Joan said...

Lovely quilt - thats going to be interesting when you quit it.

Myra said...

Your mother's quilt top is awesome! Very interesting fabrics combined there! Awesome! 8-)