Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Sewing

I was lucky enough to get some sewing done today.

I just did a bit a free motion quilting today, but at least it counts for day 10 of the FMQ Challenge. I finished off the coloured thread on the little sample and started on the background in matching cream thread.

The May EQ block of the month came out today. Such fun, fast blocks to make.

I turned the extra Granny's Hankie blocks into pillow covers. I decided to just bind them, with the backing, just like a regular quilt. I need to hand-stitch the binding to the back.

With buttons on the backing.

This morning we woke to this!

This is what it looked like by the time the sun set. It is supposed to get warmer, so the snow should all melt pretty quick.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That snow cannot be a welcomed sight at this point! Oh dear.

The quilting looks fabulous as well as your blocks.

Cathy said...

Your free motion with the colored threads is beautiful. Love how the pillows turned out. I'm afraid that I have done much for the challange. But very happy with the one project I managed to finish. Love your EQ block too. Have a great day.

DebbieM said...

Your pillow covers turned out beautifully and even though it snowed, the photograph of the sun setting was just beautiful.

Joan said...

Great pillow covers - would never have thought of buttons...that seems worse than zips :) Your weather looks so cold. We are having fires each evening. Love your quilting !!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I want to thank you for your excellent blog, your creative expression, the challenges, the tutorials, and for inspiring me! Because of you, I sandwiched a wall hangin that was "not so pretty," and I began to machine quilt it on my home machine. I had never successfully stippled before. Now I can. In the last few weeks I've put it aside for a day, then began again when the quilt talked to me, telling me how to quilt this section or that. I am nearly finished, have had to rip out a lot, but in the end, I can say with all honesty - I can machine quilt now to my immense satisfaction, thanks to you. You've opened up a whole new world. And my little homely quilt, with all those imperfections of color, is now quite beautiful and I cannot wait for fall, so I can display my Crow in the Pumpkin Patch! God bless you and keep you. Beck at bngwingo@yahoo.com