Monday, May 30, 2011

Quick Post

I finished quilting my mother's quilt,

I quilted a large feather in the 11" border (the first time I have quilted such large design), it was lots of fun to quilt. I used a Hera Marker to mark the center vein and then free handed the lobes. I stitched the vein first and then added one side and then the other of the feather.

I also finally got started on my Granny's Hankie May BOM. Hopefully I will start stitching it tomorrow.

I am thrilled to say that this book came in the mail today! I won it from Needled Mom. It is a book that people read and then pass on (in a draw). The amazing thing is that every one has signed their names inside - the book has been to quite a few places. I am looking forward to starting it.

I have been spending less time on the computer and it is amazing what gets done!
I have finished the apple core quilt and I will post a tutorial on it soon.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

corina said...

Your Mom's quilt looks beautiful!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

great you got that quilt done!

hope you had a good time yesterday at the mini retreat :^)

I read that book a couple of months ago and enjoyed it, hope you will too!
Katherine

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

I love the quilting on your Mom's quilt! Feathers still intimidate me. ;-) Have a happy week!

Linda said...

Stunning! The feather is perfect in the border!!

Impera_Magna said...

Beautiful quilting... just beautiful!

GailM. said...

Wow, impressive quilting on the border. Nice book idea.
If I spent less time on the computer, I'd get more done too....

Deanna said...

Soooo true about computer time. One of my summer goals...

Again, a lovely finish.

Sarah said...

My ladies group exchanges books but we include a sticky of who's next - I think I like signing names better to record where it's been. Thanks for a great idea!

DebbieM said...

I'm going to try what you said, get off the computer and get some sewing done. Love the quilt!!

Terri said...

Your feather is beautiful! The whole quilt is gorgeous.
Interesting book - just the list of names should be a good read.

Joan said...

Your Mum is a lucky lady - the quilt is lovely. I like you BOM preparation. That feather is great!