Saturday, May 7, 2011

Barnswallow Quilt Show

Yesterday I spent a lovely day going to a quilt show with my sister and some friends in Morden.
Here are some photos (there were so many amazing quilts) -

a large hand embroidered and hand quilted quilt

Marilyn Wiebe was the feature quilter - she is so talented
here are a few more pictures of her work -

my sister talking to Marilyn

this was was really beautiful and so simple
nine patches and plain squares, it was just the placement of the fabrics that made it

made by this talented quilter


"viewer's choice" were miniatures, they were unbelievable!

there was an antique sewing display

of course we had to go to the local quilt store

the Quilters' Den

these followed me home

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Update -
Myra has more photos here and some more of the miniatures here.
Joyce has some photos here.

19 comments:

Joyce said...

I was there too and had hoped to run into you but met a cousin that I hadn't seen in ages. She wanted to go for coffee so that's what I did.It was an excellent show as usual.

Scrappy quilter said...

Don't you just love that quilting store. Wish I could have been at the quilt show. I went a few years back and so enjoyed it. Hugs

Joan said...

That looked like a great show - some beautiful quilts and some wonderful quilting. No wonder you got followed home - lovely fabric - have you a plan for it??

GerryART said...

So many interesting quilts to admire.
Wonderful place for inspiration and motivation.
hugs,
Gerry

Mary L. said...

Beautiful quilts. Just when I thought I'd found a favorite another caught my eye. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Terri said...

Great Show! Thanks for taking us along.
If it follows you home then you have to keep it! Good choices.

Myra said...

Well I guess we missed each other too, as I was there with Phyllis and Diane yesterday... 8-(

Linda said...

Thanks for posting these wonderful quilt photos. What a great show and what talented quilters.

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous display of talent. It is difficult to pick a favorite out of this collection.

Needled Mom said...

OMGoodness, but you saw some gorgeous work!! I loved the first one and the heart one was fabulous too. It looks like it was a really fun show made even better by going with a special friend who enjoys the same craft.

Impera_Magna said...

Looks some really cool stuff followed you home... *lol*

Thanks for sharing the quilt photos... they are just amazing!

Wendy said...

Lovely show! Thanx for taking us with you!

Raewyn said...

Wow lots of fascinating eye candy!! Looks like you had a great day - thank you for sharing the photos.

GailM. said...

Nice Show... Love all the quilting in the pictures.. thanks for the closeups.... I'm so glad you showed the antique sewing display. I have to do one at church on June 5th.. I'm looking for ideas...

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow these are amazing quilts!!

Cathy said...

Wow! There were some really beautiful quilts there. And some terrific quilting. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. Hugs

Desley said...

Beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing.

Deanna said...

I think my favorite is the bluish/black sampler, maybe because I am about to go to work on a quilt with a similar color scheme.

canuckquilter said...

What a lovely way to spend the dya. Thanks for sharing photos of so many gorgeous quilts.