Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I hope all the mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day (I did!).

I forgot to mention that I finished this table runner last week.

I free motion quilted feathers on it (it was my practice piece for the FMQ Challenge). It is 20½" x 41½". I used wool batting. It is the small drunkard's path cut with the Baby GO!.

I have also been working on this months Henrietta Whiskers BOM. Using the freezer paper, machine applique technique.

Also sewing some more apple cores (cut with the Baby GO! - each 6½" long).

What is it with cats and anything that you put on the floor??!

He is so sweet when he sleeps though!
He is also still waiting for his forever home - too many allergies here. We believe that some one just didn't want him and dropped him off in our area.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Raewyn said...

All your projects are looking really good - I've been really enjoying the fmq challenge. Love the applecores - my favourite shop has just bought a Go baby so maybe we'll have to get that die too - the applecores look really good with a cat so will fit well at my house!!

Joan said...

All looking great Joanne...it has been great of you and Wendy to host the FMQ Challenge again... THanks to both of you. Apple cores looking good! AND heavens- that puddycat certainly knows who has a soft heart and a loving home :)

Leslie's Itchin to be Stitchin said...

Your Henrietta Whiskers BOM looks great

Peg said...

Oh, those curves - they look fabulous! Love the Henrietta Whiskers - looks like a lot of fun to do. My cat doesn't wait for things to find the floor before she finds them for her bed LOL!

Needled Mom said...

The runner looks great! I just love feathers.

My cat is the same way when I put anything on the floor. Hmmm.

Terri said...

Anything on the floor belongs to the pets... it is a universal rule!
I love the Drunkard's Path pattern, and never thought to make a table runner with it! Yours is lovely! as are all your items... even the kitty.

Linda said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Joanne! Love the table runner! Your quilting is beautiful! Is nt wool fabulous??