Saturday, January 23, 2010

Socks coming Along

I have turned the heels on my sample socks and am working on the gusset.

I think I have figured out the mistakes from the "2-at-a-Time Socks" book. It is like learning to make this sock technique again. I guess all the mistakes didn't matter too much, I managed to make quite a few socks before I knew about the mistakes.

I found a couple of contests today. Amy over at Kati Cupcake Pattern Co, is giving away a fat quarter bundle. It doesn't say when this give away ends. Sande Chase over at A Gift Wrapped Life is having a give away of beautiful Charlotte Moss products. Just in time for Valentines Day, the draw date is Feb. 1st.

We are supposed to be having a blizzard later this weekend. Today we had a lot of wet snow, something that is very unusual for us. Usually it is so cold here, that the snow doesn't stick together. My family shoveled and played (tobogganing, snowball fight etc) outside this afternoon, we even started a snowman. I can't remember the last time we were able to make a snowman!

I am hoping to get some sewing done tomorrow.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...