Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the Grind

Everyone in my family is back to their normal daily activities today. For me it was a busy day of cleaning, laundry, ironing and baking. Two loaves of multi-grain bread fresh from the oven.


May Britt over at Abyquilt asked what people were focusing on this week. Now that things are caught up at my house, this week I am hoping to finish cutting the fabric for the quilt I am working on. It is "Spanish Steps" from Judy Martin's book, "Scraps". It has been awhile since I have made a quilt that doesn't involve triangles and it makes a nice change.

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I found you from Karen Neary's blog. I love scrap quilts but hadn't ever seen that Judy Martin pattern. I love the shadow effect of the 9 patch. You are a busy quilter. I can tell from all the 2009 quilts you did. That's quite an accomplishment. Good for you for taking pictures. The picture of Karen's socks is enticiing. Your info on knitting 2 socks at once is very enticing too. I have no time to knit this winter, but I promise myself next winter there will be time to knit.

Welcome to blogland...

patricia, in the yellow house on milner said...

I was just talking about this technique with a friend a few days ago when I showed her my (very) first sock. I wear the first one while knitting the second for motivation, but I think this is a interesting strategy for the next time round.