Monday, January 11, 2010

More Sewing


Today was a busy Monday of cleaning, laundry, ironing, baking etc. I did make time for sewing a bit on the "Spanish Steps" blocks.



Today was a beautiful day, fog this morning, and hoar-frost on everything. We are having unusually warm temperatures (-5 Celsius tonight), usually around this time of the year it is -30.






Even the bunny seemed to have frost on his whiskers.

I had a nice surprise in the mail today. FABRIC!



I started a new fabric club this year (from this store ). It is 1800's reproduction fabric. Last year I belonged to a different fabric club for a while, the fabrics were beautiful, but they only went with the fabrics they came with, and nothing in my stash (or month to month). It was a bit limiting, so I thought I would try out a theme club. The project ideas are flying around in my head.

2 comments:

Bobbie Ashley said...

Joanne,

I just love the fabric, what a way to inspire a new project! Poor little bunny, he seams to be alright though. Can't wait to see what you do with your new stash.

Cheers,
Bobbie
www.bobbieashley.com

Karen said...

What lovely, warm colours you have chosen for your Spanish Steps quilt. Will look forward to watcing it grow.