Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Finished Projects

Since I am considering my blog as a record keeper of the things that I make, I thought I would post the things I finished in 2009.

A lap quilt that I made for my MIL. It is a pattern from Quiltville. I was privileged to receive quilting fabric, books and tools from a friend last year, and have been having so much fun with it ever since. This quilt is made with fabric from that friend.


This is a quilt that I made for my oldest child. I made it in a week, it was such a fun quilt to make. My first jelly roll quilt. It was from a kit from The Cloth Shop, that I bought on vacation in Vancouver last spring.

I designed this quilt with EQ6. The gold and orange fabrics are from a friend. I mixed it with beige and scraps of fabrics for the 6" blocks. I am trying to use up fabric that I have!

I have been wanting a Christmas quilt for a while, I finally had enough coordinating scraps this year (had to buy fabric for the border). I used a tri-recs ruler. I have made this pattern before, it is a lot of fun. Just cut the fabric and sew it together with not much thought

This quilt is made similar to a pattern from the book Jelly Roll Quilts (Lintett). I made more rows and made the rows longer. It is from light and dark scraps. It is the first large quilt that I free motion quilted on the sewing machine in an overall pattern - loops and dragonflies.


Bags from the book "101 Fabulous Fat Quarter Bags with M'lis". And more bags that I designed.The bag on the right is using the technique of printing on fabric with a regular printer and fabric ironed on to a piece of freezer paper.A bag from the back of my MIL's wheelchair.A clothes-pin bag.

These are some pillows that I made.


My youngest child sewed these two pincushions and I finished them off.Another pincushion.
This is a mini quilt that I made from left over blocks from the orange quilt. Two are directional and four were too busy, so I did not feel that they belonged in the orange quilt.

A tree skirt I made with the help of EQ6, it is a log cabin with bali fabrics. It was much easier to make than I thought it would be.


Variations of the same table runner from the pattern "Candy Corn Cotillion" by Willow Berry Lane.
I have a buffet and a table in my dinning room, so I seem to always make a matching pair of runners. The above were made from 8 fat quarters, I used just about all the fabric.



A few more pairs of socks. I always have a pair of socks on the go, great take along project.


I also try to learn something new each year, last year I taught myself Romanian Point Lace. I really enjoy it, this is my first project. This pattern is from an old "Anna" magazine.

It's been fun going over all the things that I made last year, hopefully I will be able to make more this year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...