Sunday, February 25, 2024

Week 8 of 2024

This week I sewed a little jacket out of leftover French Terry from a project I had made years ago.
The pattern is from Lutterloh - a vintage reproduction #77 from supplement 320 Spring 2021. I modified it by making it out of a knit (when sewing a Lutterloh pattern designed for woven out of a knit we are told to go down a few sizes - I could have made mine smaller), I added length to the body and the sleeves, made the collar a bit smaller, the sleeves a bit narrower towards the wrists, placed the back on the fold to eliminate the seam, and added pockets in the side seams. I am really happy with how it turned out. The shawl collar was drafted so well and it went together so easily! 
I was inspired by one I saw online - I would never have thought to use this pattern before.
Today was a quilt group get together so progress is being made on my grab-and-go project (a Broken Dishes quilt).
Temperature blanket.

Photos from Around-

Miss Maggie surveying her land.
A painted sky one morning.
Miss Molly sitting on her "spot" waiting for a treat.
Sunrise with a full moon this morning. The snow is just about all melted on the surrounding fields.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...