Sunday, February 11, 2024

Week 6 of 2024

This week I finished up a quilt -
This was a stash buster quilt that I cut almost a year ago, and was my grab-and-go project to sew at quilt group. Made from batik fabric, it is 90" square. The fabric was all cut with the GO! cutter using two sizes of drunkard's path dies, along with some 4" square. There was no planning to the piecing and I am really happy with how it turned out.
The batting is Hobb's Tuscany 80% cotton and 20% wool. Quilted on my domestic sewing machine in an all over meander (my favourite to sew - so I now piece quilts that suit that design), using Connecting Threads Essential Pro thread top and bobbin.
It is now on my son's bed.
While I was trying to hand stitch the binding Miss Maggie felt that it was her bed, so I made her a new quilt too.
A friend gave me some fabric with black cats on it, so I made a black and white to match Maggie.
The pattern is 'Nine Patch Nostalgia' from the book 'Fat Quarter Quilting' by Lori Smith. The quilt is 16"x20", with wool batting.
A new quilt for her little basket.
Another week on the temperature blanket. Today I have to add a special stripe for our 35th wedding anniversary.

Photos from Around-
Miss Molly - she hasn't been feeling well and is hopefully on the mend.
Miss Maggie, the big hunter, stalking partridges (spoiler alert - birds can fly, and all got away safely).
Sunrise this morning - last week most of the snow melted, but the past couple of days brought a bit more snow.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...