Friday, January 10, 2020

Finished Quilting!

 I am so pleased to have finished quilting my Mother's quilt.


The pattern is Verdant Valley by Vicki Stratton. It is 52" x 65".


I quilted with Bottom Line thread in the top and bobbin. I think my Mom stitched in the ditch with it too. The backing is plush, and the batting is Hobbs Tuscany Silk (she glue basted the quilt).


In the beginning the thread was not co-operating, so I put a thread net over the cone and that really helped.


The quilt is echo quilted, and I just followed along with the edge of the free motion quilting foot.


I am always impressed with how the back of a quilt looks when I use a plush or pinky backing.

Free motion quilting this was my One Monthly Goal for January! Done ✔️

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...