Monday, November 1, 2010

Blocks Sewn Together

I sewed together all the Arrowhead blocks. The designer recommended starching the fabric and pressing the seams open, so that is what I did on these blocks - first time for me. Because of all the diagonal seams and the fact that all the edges are on the bias, I was glad that the seams were open and that the blocks were starched!! I think there could have been problems otherwise! The blocks all went together beautifully. Now to decide what to quilt?


We had the last of the purple carrots from the garden today - delicious!

The Christmas cactus is blooming - seems to bloom earlier every year.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

12 comments:

Ms Made Simpler said...

I've enjoyed reading your Arrowhead posts. Watching your beautiful work come together has been a treat for me. You've got me smiling.

Anita

Kristie said...

Love that quilt, I can't wait to see it quilted! Your Christmas Catus is beautiful!
Kristie

Needled Mom said...

I do find that open seams make the perfect points so much easier. The quilt looks fabulous.

I noticed that my Christmas cactus is starting to form a lot of buds too. I think the cooler weather and shorter days is the contributing factor.

Deanna said...

It is so helpful that you share the process and not just the product. Thank you.

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

I do love the layout you chose! Very pretty!

Libby said...

Love your arrowhead blocks!! They make a stunning quilt!

Nancy said...

I recently found your blog. I think the block layout you chose is perfect. Nice Job

Cyndi said...

Joanne, that Arrowhead quilt top is beautiful! I love how the fabrics graduate from dark to light...stunning! I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect way to quilt it!

And those purple carrots are quite pretty...never seen a purple carrot. Do they taste the same as the orange ones?

XOXO,

Cyndi

Stray Stitches said...

Beautiful quilt!! I have had purple potatoes but haven't tried purple carrots - do they taste different than the original orange?
Your Christmas cactus is pretty - and I thought mine bloomed early when it starts blooming at Thanksgiving - lol!

kwiltnkats said...

All this purple...you'll need to find something purple to quilt. My pink Christmas Cactus is blooming too. Maybe we both have Thanksgiving Cactus.

Vivian said...

That is going to be one beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.

Joan said...

I have never heard of purple carrots...do they taste the same ?
That cactus is so beautiful...and last but not least - I love your arrowhead quilt. Seams on the bias would be my undoing ... so I think you have done wonderfully :).
and it looks fantastic!!