Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pinwheel Block #2

I finished sewing Block #2 of the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along.

Rachel did a great job, there is a wonderful tip on reducing the bulk in the middle. My fabric is a layer cake called Alliance by Moda, and the background is by Buggy Barn. It is reproduction fabric and I love the colours!

Watched Canada win gold in the men's hockey this afternoon. Off to watch the Olympic closing ceremony now. Canada won more gold medals than any other county ever in a Winter Olympic Games. Fantastic!!

Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Gerry said...

Thanks for the chocolates yesterday.

My eyes are beginning to linger while looking at your pinwheels.
Gad, I have to finish my string stash reduction before I begin ANYTHING.
Hugs,
Gerry

jilly said...

Like the fabric your using, I may get to mine this week. So many things, so little time. Jury Duty tomorrow, so not the right time. LOL

Congrats to Canada on winning the Gold, but hay, Team USA made them work for that Gold, LOL

Blessings,
Jilly

SheilaC said...

Love your color combination in your pinwheels! blues and browns, yum!

SheilaC

Edna said...

Your pinwheels look great! That background fabric is super. I watched the hockey game too.. it was a real nail-biter but WE WON!!! WOO HOO Way to go CANADA!

What did you think of the closing ceremony?