Monday, February 1, 2010

This Week's Focus

My focus for this week is finishing off the borders for my "Spanish Steps" quilt.


These are all the blocks (hopefully I have enough) that are going to make up the border. There was supposed to be three rows of blocks but I am only going to do two rows because the wool batting I bought is only 90" wide.

I will also be working on my surprise!

I have joined the Friday Night Sew-In, the next one is February 19th, it should be lots of fun! I also joined the Postage Stamp Quilt Along. I think it will be a good way to use some smaller pieces of fabric I have. We will be using 1 1/2"x21" strips of fabric for this quilt along.

It has now been one month since I started this blog, and it has been an absolute blast! I have met some wonderful people and had such positive feed back. The blogging community is such a supportive community and I can't thank everyone enough!

Have a great day and thank-you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I am intrigued by the picture of your surprise with the feather stitching. Thanks you for the kind words on my blog. So glad you were able to find out the history of that fabulous red and white quilt.

jillybee123 said...

I am really looking forward to you finishing the Spanish Steps. Enjoyed watching you put it together, and love the "shadows".
Your surprise is looking good, but those teeny, tiny beads!!!!

Blessings,
Jilly