Monday, March 1, 2010

Still Machine Quilting

My goal this week is to finish machine quilting the "Spanish Steps" quilt.


This is the biggest quilt (90"x90") that I have ever machine quilted (I have hand-quilted a couple this large and am currently working on another). If any one sees me starting another large quilt this year, please stop me!! It seems like I have been working on it forever! I can't wait to get my dining room table out of my kitchen too!

The beginning of the month is a great time to check out other people's blog, so many people put pictures of things that they or other people made last month. A couple are Polly, Peg, Sherri, and Joan, there are many more. I love seeing what other people are up to!


Hope it is beautiful where you are. Have a great day!!

7 comments:

SheilaC said...

Beautiful quilt....! I have a big one that I have put off quilting too... its for my son, but I wish I hadn't made it so BIG, it might have been done by now! :)

SheilaC

Cindy from "It's a Sew Sew Day..." said...

I wish I had the nerve to do a large quilt. I am only up to the baby quilt size now. It is such a great quilt! You are doing such a great job quilting it!

Thanks for stopping by and the kind comments!
Happy Quilting!
Cindy

jilly said...

That is a HUGE quilt. I know I don't have the patience to do one that size. Wow! I sure have enjoyed watching your progress on it though.

Its beautiful here in San Diego, sunny and a high of 65!!! My kind of weather. Mr. Wonderful would rather be knee deep in that snow of yours;-)

Blessings,
Jilly

Karen said...

It's looking good, Joanne! Didn't realize you "know" my friend Joan - what a small world!

Gloria said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful, nice stitching!

Do you need a massage yet?

Sewn With Grace said...

Thanks for sharing your favorite author today. Can't wait to check out the books. My goodness that's a large quilt to machine quilt. I have not done that, it scares me! :)

Patriotic Mom said...

This quilt is going to be worth all the love you gave it! Thanks for stopping by my tablescape. I enjoy your quilting posts. Joan