Monday, February 15, 2010

Finished Sewing on the Borders

I finally finished last weeks focus (sewing the borders on the "Spanish Steps" quilt) today. Technically it is a holiday today (Louis Riel Day in Manitoba), and so it is still the week-end for me, which is when I like to have the weeks focus finished. So, for me, I finished it on time!

I will put it away for this week. I have to piece together some leftover fabrics that I will use for the backing. Next week I hope to start machine quilting it. Still have to decide what I am going to do. Waiting for inspiration!!

This week I am going to focus on finishing my Olympic Challenge project, so that I can have it ready to machine quilt for the Friday Night Sew In on the 19th.

Today was a beautiful day, and so we played outside for a while in the bright sunshine.

The view from our backyard.

Have a great day! ♥

6 comments:

Michele said...

I love that shadow effect. It's very dramatic.

jilly said...

I know you have read this a million times, but I just love this quilt design. You have done a beautiful job.

Blessings,
Jilly

Anonymous said...

Hello.....I recently ran across your blog in my web surfing session and was very impressed with your Spanish Steps Quilt....you have done a wonderful job!! I thought I must check into finding that pattern....LOL.....and what did I discover!!! It was in the book I had purchased a few months back and was sitting on my bookshelf. Thank you for the inspiration....I will start my own version soon!!
Barb ....a fellow Manitoban.

Gloria said...

Woo-hoo! Looks great!

For quilting, I would usually put a medallion of some sort in the center of the blank space and quilt the chains, but since these are shadowed, you almost want to keep the effect. So, maybe that means quilting the background heavier and letting the forward squares pop out.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will look awesome!

Edie said...

That is a beautiful quilt!

Quilt Hollow said...

This quilt is so awesome...I just love it!!