Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hand Quilting

Today I have been hand quilting as I watch the Olympics.

This is the Bear's paw quilt I have been working on.



On my challenge table runner, one of the new techniques I tried was the wavy blocks (there are 2 sewn together in the table runner).
I originally tried this technique out with books covers (and tape), to make a sign at a library that I volunteer at. This is made up of many "blocks" that I wavy cut and put back together. It was a lot of fun, so I tried it with fabric.


Today I also got together my fabric for the Postage Stamp Quilt Along that starts next week.

Apparently this fabric will end up looking something like this quilt from the LL Bean catalogue.

Can't wait!!

Tomorrow is the Friday Night Sew-In. Both of these events are hosted by Heidi over at Handmade by Heidi. Thanks Heidi!!

Check out the fantastic fabric give away over at 44th Street Fabric. Good luck!

Have a great day!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...