Monday, July 4, 2011


I tried out my new GO! dies this weekend and made a few samples.

This is Winding Ways. I have plans to make a bed quilt with Bali fabrics and this die. I just have to figure out how to minimize the bulky seams. All the pieces of the block went together so well, it was an easy block to make. They are 8" blocks.

This one is Rob Peter to Pay Paul. Another easy block to make once I figured out the best way for me to make it. I have seen different methods online, but I found that 3 pins (one in the middle and at both ends) worked the best for me. The blocks are 7".
I think I am really going to enjoy this die as there are so many possibilities for it.

Here is one.
I have also seen it with different fabrics in the center using a layer cake and all the same fabric for the melons (shown here).
Plus another one where all the melons are made from scraps and the centers are the same fabric (shown here).
I have even seen one with a crazy quilted center.
I just need more hours in the day!

I finished this months Hop to It block.

Hard to see, but this weekend there were two partridges and about a dozen babies walking through the yard - so cute!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...