Thursday, July 14, 2011

Some Finishes

I finished the Winding Ways table topper.

It is 24" square. I used cotton batting and Aurifil #50 thread top and bottom. Quilted with a walking foot on my domestic sewing machine. I did concentric circles the width of the walking foot to emphasis the circles the blocks made, but I wouldn't do so many again. Plus if the quilt was much larger it would be too hard to quilt that way with a walking foot.
I had a half meter of each fabric and cut them with the GO!, if I would have had another half meter of the dark fabric I would have been able to have a little border and the same fabric for the binding. The two half meters was enough to make 10 blocks with the GO!.

The size is perfect as a table topper.

I also finished the binding on the Rob Peter to Pay Paul table runner.

Since this is the first "theme" fabric I have ever purchase I thought I would photograph it with some old sewing things

It is 28" x 14", with cotton batting and Aurifil #50 top and bottom. It is free motion quilted on my DSM. I had a half meter of each fabric and was able to make 8 blocks with the GO! (more waste on these blocks).
I will use it as a pad under my sewing machine (which sits on my Grandmother's old treadle sewing machine cabinet - no treadle sewing machine anymore - she had traded it in when she bought a new one).

I am really pleased with the two new GO! dies and I have a few plans for them.

I was so pleased to receive this photo from Lucy -

She made her first piece of Romanian Point Lace from my tutorial. It is so beautiful, and I was thrilled that she was able to follow the instructions. Now she is planning on making the same large doily that I made - can't wait to see her progress.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...