Sunday, February 10, 2013

Log Cabin and Hardanger

I finished piecing a log cabin quilt top.


The blocks are 7", and I chose an off set barn raising layout for them. The quilt top is about 91" square. I used Judy Martin's technique to make the blocks, and it was so easy to piece.

Have you noticed that many people have been making log cabins lately? Barb (Fun with Barb) just finished a lovely one - shown here, and Kathie (Inspired by Antique Quilts) is working on one with 4" blocks that is going to be fantastic.

Fons and Porters has a free E-book on log cabins that is really nice - you download a copy here.


I added a copy to my IPad for easy reading (in iTunes add it to the library from your download file, it goes into PDF's in iBooks - I was only recently shown this feature and love it. I bought Cindy Needham's handbooks and you can enlarge the pictures to see all the details).


I have also been working on a piece of Hardanger that I have had on the go for about 7 years (it is 18" x 29"). I am determined to finish it this year!


Just the cut work sections left.

Come back tomorrow for a giveaway.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...