Monday, February 18, 2013

February Pieces of Time Blocks

I finished this month's Pieces of Time quilt blocks.


I wasn't going to make the appliqué block because I thought it would be too difficult for freezer paper, invisible machine appliqué, but after a bit of pushing, and name calling ;-), from Joan (Joan at Leschenault), I got it made. Thanks for the push Joan, I am so pleased that I made it! See her block here.

You might realize that I am a huge fan of Craftsy classes, well, I signed up for the free Perfect Pizza at Home class.


This is the first pizza I have made since watching the class. It was absolutely delicious! The taste and texture of the crust was similar to a wood fired oven pizza. It was definitely the best pizza to have come out of my oven, and not hard to make (the dough is made the day before, and can sit in the fridge for up to 3 days, or be frozen). This was the Neapolitan Pizza Dough recipe, cooked on a pizza stone.
The instructor, Peter Reinhart, covers a few different types of pizza, there is even a gluten free recipe.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...