Friday, January 27, 2012

Non-Sewing Week

I took a break from sewing this week and enjoyed some knitting.


I have been knitting "Be Mine" socks from the book "2-at-a-time Socks" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. The socks have a cable down the front and back that forms a string of hearts.  It is fun to knit something that takes a bit of concentration. The pattern does have a lot of mistakes (the whole book is full of mistakes, something I forgot), but things went better when I downloaded the corrected pattern. Here is the link for corrections for the book if you have it.


I also started a simpler scarf. The pattern is from Ravelry - Fern Lace Scarf if you are a member, from The Craft Pixie. This is a really simple pattern that makes a beautiful design. I am using Maiden Hair yarn from Hand Maiden/Fleece Artist. It is so beautiful and soft, lovely to knit with. I am trying out my set of Addi Click interchangeable needles for the first time - they work really well. I find that knitting with circular needles is easier than with regular, straight needles. I am using size 4.5mm needles, and I cast on 84 stitches - to make the scarf wider than the pattern.

Back to sewing next week - I ordered some black thread to quilt the Granny's Hankie quilt and it came today.


A view of the bird feeder from my bedroom - sometimes they are so noisy.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

danih03 said...

Luv those socks! I would love to learn to knit but I'm afraid I have one hobby to many!

Krystle said...

I'm working on the twilight socks from that book as we speak :-)

I have a newer copy I guess, as most of the errors have been corrected. But not all.

Wendy said...

I have that same book, I better check out the corrections. I started 2 socks on circulars and found the yarn tangled too much. Any tips to keep this from happen would be appreciated.

Needled Mom said...

I love those socks!!!! I also love the color. Life is too short to be able to do it all, isn't it?

jillyヅ said...

Love the red socks!

blessings, jilly

Terri said...

On the bird feeder picture, do you see the heart to the right? Is that made by man, or wind made?
Hugs!

Jen said...

Ooh, I love those socks!