Thursday, January 12, 2012

Learning Something New

I started machine quilting the table runner.


It's coming along well and I will show more of this and post a pattern when it is finished.


I used a white board to work out the quilting design - such a useful tool.

I have also been trying to figure out how to design a custom quilt with EQ7!


To enter the EQ BOM 2011 Challenge you need to send in an EQ file along with a picture of the quilt. When I made the quilt last month I couldn't figure out how to design a custom quilt and designed it the old way (paper and pencil!), not realizing I would need an EQ file. Found out this week that I do!
It is something I am definitely glad that I am learning! Did take quite a while to get to this point though!


A beautiful sunrise this morning, with such a bright sun dog.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Mrs A said...

Great design i was thinking of getting an EQ7 would be interested to know what you think, beautiful sundog, i had never heard of this before, looks amazing!

Linda said...

That looks like the beginning of an awesome quilt design!

Tammy said...

Looking forward to reading your review of the EQ 7 software. It is really amazing how much computers have impacted our lives in everything we do. Great photo of the sunrise.

Donna said...

Beautiful photo, and I love your quilting design.

Raewyn said...

Wow what a gorgeous photo. I try to design on EQ 7 then resort to pen and paper , then try and convert that back to EQ7...think I need to spend some concentrated time!! Like your table mat - may be a good way to get into Apple Cores as I loved the big quilt you made too.

Frances Leate said...

I use EQ for easy block quilts but haven't mastered custom quilts or medallion one yet - well done for your efforts! Take care.

Ruth said...

Thanks for posting the quilting design. I will be anxious to see your table runner once you get it finished. Seeing the design on paper helps get it in mind better and it doesn't look as hard once you follow the line a few times.

Needled Mom said...

That looks beautiful! I love your quilting design.

Barb said...

what a great idea the white board is!
Was wondering what kind of sewing machine you had?

My Sweet Prairie said...

oooooooooooo love the motif and the sundog too! ; ) thank you for sharing!
Monika in Saskatoon

Wendy said...

Stunning Sunrise!

I've been thinking more and more about getting EQ7, but I still can't justify the price yet.

radio controlled helicopters said...

This designs look really gorgeous.I really inspire this beautiful idea.Thanx to share with us this beautiful ideas.