Saturday, December 17, 2011

Friday Night Sew In Results


I added the last border on the Granny's Hankie BOM last night.


The only change that I made from the pattern was to switch the fabric placement for the corner nine-patches (otherwise it would have looked like a four patch in the corner and I thought that it should match the sashing).


I can't believe that the quilt top is finished! It is a monster 102" square (yes, DH and DS are complaining, standing on stools behind it - what would I do without them!). Now I have to figure out how I am going to quilt it - that will wait until the new year.



I also did a bit of work on a piece of Romanian Point Lace. This is my own creation, and I will post the pattern once I have finished it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

11 comments:

Dee said...

It's just beautiful! I think the border adds a lot to the over all look. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

Karen said...

I have never heard of Romanian lace point. It looks like an interesting technique.
I had no idea that the Granny's Hankies quilt would be so large. Well worth all the work you have put into it.

Needled Mom said...

It is really gorgeous and huge!!!!

I can't wait to see the lace work.

supermom said...

The quilt top is lovely. I'll bet it feels great to have completed it. A great FNSI result.

Deanna said...

What a surprise to see how large the quilt is. Somehow I had missed the size of the blocks. Your colors and the border design work really well. Your quilting is sure to add a specitacular finish.

Ruth said...

Such a lovely quilt! Yes, we do need our DHs & DSs to help us with lots of things, don't we?

Joan said...

That looks quite stunning Joanne. Congrats on the finish.

Sheila said...

Gorgeous! You should be proud and good luck with the quilting!

Vicki said...

Wow that's an amazing quilt in terms of both colour and size. I keep making large quilts - great for beds not so easy to quilt

Cathy said...

Joanne, your Granny's Hankies is so BEAUTIFUL. I love the border you put on it. Hugs

Jen said...

Great finish! It's been fun watching you make this quilt. I like what you did with the border too. It's going to be a beauty!