Thursday, January 5, 2012


Thanks to every one for the kind words on the new look of my blog! 

Finished up 120 string quilt blocks and it did put a dent in the stash bin!

I laid them out without much thought or planning (great/easy way to piece!).

I decided to keep the paper on the back until all the blocks were sewn together. Looking online it seems be a pretty even 50/50 split on when to take the paper off (before or after sewing the blocks together). These blocks are 7".

It was a bit like sewing a large paper bag, but all the blocks are now sewn together. I think taking the paper off is going to be the hardest part of making this quilt! Hopefully I made the right decision!!

Today was Day 12 of the Temecula Quilt Co. mystery quilt - tomorrow is the big reveal - can't wait. These are 3" blocks.

Record breaking +5C today!! Normal temperatures are -25C. The partridges were checking out all the feeders. Still 13 in the flock. Only 1 rabbit in the yard this year - the one that used to come up on the deck last winter is gone☹.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...