Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Rug Mug

I have seen lots of rug mugs around and I thought I would make one too.

I had made the little holly leaves because I wanted to try using a fabric medium instead of water with watercolour pencil crayons, it is on muslin. It worked well and didn't run. The mug rug is 12"x7".

I used two layers of batting (one wool and one foil batting), and quilted it with Invisafil on the top and Aurifil in the bobbin, with a holly leaf free motion design.

Corrie from Retro Mummy is having a fantastic giveaway on her blog! She is offering 2 fat quarter packs - 20 FQ's of the Lecien Flower Sugar range. Beautiful! Good luck!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

GailM. said...

I've seen mug rugs everywhere this year too. Neat way to use up small bits. Love your quilting.

Linda said...

I love it! Your mug rug is the prettiest one I've seen so far!! You did a beautiful job on the quilting. Did it take you long to make?

ferne said...

Those look great! They are addicting to make. I made some for gifts and ended up using some myself and found them quite handy!

Deanna said...

Very nice!

Joyce said...

Nice job. I made some yesterday and I used that batting that is heat proof that you can get for potholders. I saw somewhere the idea to put some spice in them so I added a mixture of cinnamon,cloves, nutmeg etc. I like the shape of yours.

Needled Mom said...

It looks gorgeous! I love the quilting and the coloring of the holly.

Joan said...

Your Mug Rug looks lovely Joanne - I love your quilting.

custom mugs said...

your mugs rug so pretty.i love your idea.