Monday, December 13, 2010

Windmill Mini Quilt

Today, since my house was all clean after having company on the weekend, I had time to sew!!
I pieced another mini quilt - it is a pattern I have been wanting to try out.

It is the No-Waste Windmill Block from this book -

I made the block smaller than the pattern in the book- 5½" instead of 6. Kathleen (A Sentimental Quilter) describes a great way of making the block here). It went together so fast and easy, it was simpler than I thought it would be.

The binding is all ready to go (I found the tip on Myra's blog for storing the binding, by winding it on a ruler first - it works great - directions are here).

It is really cold here (around -30°C/-20°F), but at least the sun has been shining and the roads are dry!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

You are so lucky your house is all clean now. I love that feeling. Tomorrow morning is cleaning/laundry for me. I had a blistering migraine that kept me from anything production today.
I love your windmill block!! Did you use a lil twister ruler?

Needled Mom said...

I love that pattern. Was it fun to make?

Your snow is beautiful, but it looks cold.

Myra said...

Brrrrr.... nasty cold out there!

I love that pattern Joanne!!! It has been on my "to do" list... Thanks for the link to Kathleen's blog! Now I will know exactly how to go about it! 8-)

Here is the link that will take you directly to my post on winding the binding... 8-)
http://myras-tactilepleasuresinfabric.blogspot.com/2010/11/slow-progress-getting-it-in-gear.html

Mrs A said...

ohhhh thats cold!! its about +30C here! love the windmill quilting, very clever of you!

Vivian said...

I can't even comprehend -20 degree temperatures. Here in Arkansas 0 is just too cold. But I guess you are used to it. Keep warm.

GailM. said...

Man, the weather is changing, isn't it. We're on the east coast, and it's raining to beat the band.

The windmill quilt is sweet. From the link you provided, I enjoyed looking at how to make that quilt with the template.

I think I'm going to get that book. Looks like a lot of great techniques.

Joan said...

Great Idea for the biniding. Will do that next time I make a long lgegth. You amaze me with all you get done.
I cant imagine how it would be to have the cold like that! Nice post!