Friday, December 1, 2023

September to November Wrap Up!

It's been ages! I have finished quite a few things these past few months.

This is quilt that was probably 10 years in the making.
I started sewing EPP hexagons as an easy take along project years ago, and finally had enough to make a decent sized quilt (I kind of missed sewing them and started another English Paper Pieced project).
The hexagons were stitched onto 10" blocks (using 100wt thread for invisible machine appliqué).
The quilt is about 90" square. I used a Hobbs silk batting.
I quilted it on my sewing machine with a blue dot bobbin case, using CT Essential Pro thread (top and bottom), with an Organ #80 regular needle - it quilted beautifully, the thread didn't break once, and no tension issues (sadly couldn't say that with my old sewing machine).
I quilted it very simply with my favourite to stitch designs - swoopy lines around the hexagons,
big feathers for the outer border and a leaf design for the inner border (because the hexagons look like flowers).
Back of the quilt - I also stitched in the ditch around the hexagons and borders.

I sewed quite a few clothes in the past few months (my goal was to have a complete 'me-made' outfit - now I do!).
Here are some of the things I have made. The first ones are all Lutterloh patterns - a couple of pairs of jeans (my first and second pair of pants sewn with a zipper fly - this YouTube video made it so easy), a jean skirt (I made two more for my Mom), a summer blouse (with French General fabric), and a white rayon knit long sleeve t-shirt. 
A grey Blackwood Cardigan (Helen's Closet pattern) (I also made a blue one). A pair of panties from the Craftsy Class - Sewing Panties, using a self drafted pattern. The one that I am proudest of is a bra (I feel there must be some conspiracy concerning bras - they are so expensive to buy, but now I know, so simple to make, and much less expensive). 
This is the third one I made - the first two I worked on size and fit, and just like Goldilocks, the third one was just right. I started with the Craftsy class - Sewing Bras: Construction and Fit, and the bra kit that goes along with the class - that made the whole process so easy. The style of that bra didn't work for me, so for the second one (and this third) I used a free pattern - Maya Bra by AFI Atelier. I am amazed how well this bra fits, even at the end of the day, it is so comfortable. I did make some changes to the pattern and combined parts with the other pattern, mainly the band and straps.
For me the kits I bought from Bra Makers Supply had enough fabric to make 2 bras, I just need an extra findings kit (commercial and Maya Bra size 32G).

I also finished knitting a cowl-
This is the DRK Everyday Cowl by Andrea Mowry. I knit it with handspun. I dyed and blended the fibre for this. It is a mix silk, milk fibre, Angora, merino, and some silver Angelina (very soft).

Photos from Around-

Fall set in.
The snow came in strong (Molly waiting for someone to come play),
and went,
and came back
and just about went (Molly this morning).
Miss Maggie last week.
Miss Molly this morning hunting voles. She missed the two voles hiding in the hole in the tree near the bottom of the photo.
I have never seen so many voles as this year, must be the weather.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...