Friday, January 7, 2022

Missed a Few

Last week I wrote a year end wrap-up post showing all the things I had made in the previous 4 months, but it turns out a forgot a few.

Moccasins-
I made a pair of moccasins. Earlier in the year I made a pair with beads and fur, which I wear with bare feet, and now I made a pair to wear over wool socks. I used a piece of wool melton cloth for the upper, and stitched on it with wool. The leather is moose hide, and they are lined with denim.

Painting- 

A while ago I turned an old salt shaker (that I had bought in a bundle of things from an auction for a $1), into a picture holder (thanks Pinterest). It stood empty for a few years, so I painted some miniature watercolours to display in it.

Cross Stitch -

This little pillow is an anniversary piece. The pattern is Beggar's Valentine from Primitive Cross Stitch on Etsy that I modified with our wedding date and initials. It is stitched with a poly/cotton embroidery floss that I had been given and wanted to try out. I used one strand of floss over two linen threads. The linen is one that I dyed (I think a 36 count). The embroidery thread worked well with good coverage (it is the inexpensive one from AliExpress). I made it into a pillow cover because last year when I was recycling an old down coat into pillows this was one of the small ones that needed a cover. The stitching is 5"x7".
This is Spell of the Moon by Blackbird Designs. It is stitched with cotton floss that I had dyed, and the linen is one that I dyed too (more of the 36 count). Stitched one strand of floss over two linen threads. I laced it onto a piece of foam core to hang on the wall. It is 4"x5".
The pattern is from this book - Winds of Autumn by Blackbird Designs.
This picture is one that I put together. Stitched with cotton floss and linen that I had dyed. This linen is 42 count. Stitched with one strand of floss over 2 linen threads. 
I had designed it to fit in an old frame. The stitching is 6"x8".
The motifs come from these two books - Répertoire des Motifs by Valérie Lejeune, and the Sampler Company's Ultimate Sampler Motifs Source Book by Brenda Keyes.

Random Photo -
This is the face of someone that had to come in because it was too cold for her to be outside (-30ºC temperatures with -40ºC windchills lately) while snow clearing was happening outside. What you don't hear is her crying and sad howling trying to get her beloved back (she could see our son working outside). I don't know who it is more stressful on - her or those who are inside with her.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...