Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What to Do?

I have recently finished machine quilting the three lap quilts I had to finish (plus another one for my Mother) and a couple of little projects for fall decorations, now what should I work on?


This is (I hate to say it) my oldest UFO! I made it over 10 years ago when I was starting quilting. It is 20" x 41". My neighbor had given me the scraps of fabric and I had borrowed a log cabin book from a friend -


I just tried out a few different styles from the book and put them together. The strips are 1" finished. The fabric is very pale and I have no real use for it (not that this usually stops me!) so I never got around to finishing it. I could just machine quilt it and get it finished, but that doesn't seem to appeal to me!

Here is another project that I would like to make -


It is a free project from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt, it is the Huswif Needlecase.
I like the over all idea, but I am planning on making a simpler version as a give away door prize for a quilt show.
I was going to eliminate the beautiful embroidery on the inside -

and make it a bit smaller.

I am also thinking a making a few little quilt blocks for either pincushions or pot holders (again for door prizes).

It is getting late so I'll see what I fell like doing tomorrow!! Hopefully I don't have new ideas!!


I thought I would add this picture (although it was prettier in person - more iridescent). It is woven carbon fibers on the exhaust pipe of my son's new motorcycle (don't tell him I used the word "pretty").

And red my favorite colour too!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...