Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!


We went to my SIL's new home on Lake Winnipeg. It was a beautiful day, and wonderful to see so many family members there.

We also had some great company visiting.

We have lots to be thankful for!!

I have been trying to decide on my next project!

I decided to not complete my oldest UFO.


I would probably give it away when I am finished, so I decided to give it away without wasting batting, backing fabric and thread!

I did decide to start working on a reproduction quilt that I have been collecting fabric for. I have seen lots of different styles of quilts and I think I have decided on something like this -

designed with EQ7

I will try to make a block or two a week, and post instructions for the 9" blocks if any one wants to join me. It won't necessarily be blocks like in the picture, I was just trying to get an idea of a style I liked (I designed a few others).

This quilt will have alternating blocks (41 of them) of "Alabama Variation" along with the scrappy blocks (40). It works out to be 97" square. It has 8" borders. For the Alabama Variation blocks - 2 yards of light background and 2 yards of a darker background are needed, along with 1.5 yards of black (dark) for the cross. 3 yards are required for the border, although I might decided to do a scrappy border. These are measurements from EQ7, so hopefully they are accurate. I think it also needs +3/4 yard for the binding.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...