Friday, February 27, 2015

Fibre Fun


I dyed all 900g of Merino fibre for another attempt at knitting a sweater. I am really pleased how the colours came out. I have decided that I want to work with larger skeins of yarn for this attempt, so have decided to ply two different colours together to make a ~200g skein.

The next photos are the colour combinations-





I started spinning the first skein -


The fibre is 100% Merino wool from Ashford Fibre in New Zealand. I bought it from Fibre Detours (a Canadian online store).

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Those colors are so vibrant and so very pretty.

Raewyn said...

Hope you enjoy the kiwi wool Joanne! (Kiwi as in NZ not Kiwi as in the bird!) The colours look great, hope it works out better this time. [Sorry I can't help myself!]

QuiltShopGal said...

Gorgeous colors and they even look better as you spin them out. I'm looking forward to seeing the sweater you create. Please save all your left over harn snippets. Have you tried using them for couching? Quiet fun, especially when you get to work with such beautiful yarns/threads.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Myra said...

Wow! Busy Lady! You've got your hands in all kinds of fun! ;)