Saturday, February 21, 2015

Friday Night Sew-In Results


Last night was a Friday Night Sew-In, it has been a while for me so I was pleased to join in. Thanks to Wendy from Sugarcane Quilts for hosting.


I was joined by Raewyn (Love to Stitch) on her Saturday - quilting and chatting, a nice way to spend an evening!


I didn't get any sewing done, but I cut out all the fabric for a new quilt. Pressing the fat quarters took as long at the cutting! The pattern is Emma by Bella Moon, a great fat quarter pattern. I used the rest of a French General fat quarter pack (leftover from my Double Wedding Ring quilt) for this - 23 FQ's (I am making the quilt 60" x 84", 12" blocks with a 5x7 layout).


I really enjoying this kind of piecing. It is the second time I have made this pattern and it is going together well.


Today I pieced 21 blocks (I need 35 blocks).

The snow drifts in the yard are constantly changing.

The partridges and rabbit eating together.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

AARRR!!!! Didn't know it was last night, I could have joined you! Hope you had fun. L

Scrappy quilter said...

That looks like fun. I love seeing the partridge and the bunny together. We got a bit of snow this morning, about 1 inch. That's all we have.

Raewyn said...

Very productive Joanne - your blocks are looking great! It was good spending time with you :-)

Yvonne W said...

You did manage to get a lot of fabric cut for your quilt. The poor animals have to cope with such cold weather-- they are lucky to have some food given to them.

Käthe said...

Hi,
beautiful !
Very nice fabric !
Sew pretty.
Best wishes
Käthe

Joan said...

Love what you have been up to..I am now (yesterday) home from hospital..and hope to catch up with you sometime...I am rarely up nights as long just now..maybe morning here:).
Great to see that cold..it's so hot here..and the wildlife too.