Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rob Peter to Pay Paul Quilt


I finished the Rob Peter to Pay Paul quilt today. This was a quilt top I pieced almost 2 years ago - it is a 'stash buster' quilt using all kinds of scraps of Asian fabric I had. I cut it out with the GO! cutter.


I free motion quilted double continuous curves in the concave squares, and open heart feathers in the arcs. The batting is Hobbs Heirloom Wool. I used 50Wt cotton thread with a #80 regular needle for the quilting.


The backing is 'Plush' - a polyester backing. It is incredibly soft and light. I like how on the back you can't see the thread, just the design - I can see why people make whole cloth quilts with minky.


After washing the quilt came out all lovely and 'krinkly' - I think it might have to do with the backing because I washed the quilt I made last week the same way and it didn't shrink at all (it had wool batting as well, with flannel backing I had pre-washed).

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful quilt. I always love quilts that have lots of color. Hope the weather has warmed up there a bit.

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful and the quilting is just gorgeous.

QuiltShopGal said...

Gorgeous. I've been wanting to make this quilt. And you have just inspired me even more. I love yours and I love your free-motion quilting. Beautiful quilt.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Raewyn said...

It looks great Joanne! Well done on another finish!!!

Barb said...

wonderful!!

Karen said...

Wow, it's stunning! Congrats on finishing it!

Linda said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!

Skootchover said...

Very pretty. Flowering snowball is my favorite quilt block. Your FMQ looks fantastic!

joan said...

I admire your quilting in all your projects. What beautiful work!

Sandi Whitford said...

Love this quilt! Which go cutter did you use?

zenuwpees said...

Les quilt sont magnifique bonne journée Marie-Claire