Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stitch Notebook

I bought another Craftsy class - this time Stupendous Stitching!


We started by making a "Stitch Bible" - a note book of all the stitches on our sewing machines, to use as a reference for creating Stupendous Stitching. The notebook is 8"x10".


Here are all my pages (143 stitches - I have a Husqvarna 870 Quilt sewing machine). Each stitch was stitched on the default setting, then with a change in the stitch length and then a change in stitch width.
I have had my sewing machine for a couple of years, and never even tried most of the stitches (I bought the machine for its great quilting features). It was fun to see how all the stitches came out and how they changed.

the inside of the note book

close up of the cover
The Craftsy class said that Stupendous Stitching involved couching (I have a couching foot for my sewing  machine, but you don't need one), fancy machine stitches (never used mine), hand stitching (embroidery - my first love), and quilting (my newest obsession) - I knew this would be the class for me! And I loved it! I am currently working on a bigger piece.

I noticed on Carol Ann Waugh's website (she is the class instructor) that there is a link for 50% off the class (and for her other Craftsy class too) - so the class is only $14.99 (the links can be found here) - I wish I had known that (although I did buy the class for 25% off).

The front and back covers of the notebook have Rattail Binding - here is a link to a Youtube video by Carol Ann Waugh for the binding.


We had a little visitor yesterday (along with the snow), he stared at us for a long time, maybe he was hoping to come in.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...