Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Night Sew In

Tonight is the Friday Night Sew In hosted by Heidi and Bobbi.


I am attempting my first fabric bowl! We'll see how far I get.


Usually I volunteer one afternoon a week at a school library, but this week it was the spring book fair, and I was there for three full days. Such fun! And so wonderful to see all the children - lots I have known since they were in Kindergarten. The theme this year was "A Book Luau". Notice the "quilted" signs on the walls made with book jackets - guess who made those!


We have been having fabulous weather (supposed to be 24C on Sunday) and my oldest was thrilled to be able to take out his motorcycle for the first time this year (about a month earlier than previous years).

Back to sewing!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Monika Kinner-Whalen / My Sweet Prairie said...

Crazy warm! My kids are on bikes & training wheels... but yeah. Nearly in tears of joy to be out biking again! ; ) hhaha
Cool - I want to see that fabric bowl when you are done!

~Monika in Saskatoon

Deanna said...

So, how did the bowl turn out? It looks interesting. Do you have trouble sewing something that thick?

Kathie said...

can't wait to see that bowl I have always wanted to try one...
ah yes its been warm here too!
in the 70's supposedly this coming week in New England...
kathie

Raewyn said...

Look forward to seeing the completed bowl!..our weather has started cooling off now,especially at nights.

Tammy said...

My husband went for his first motorcycle ride of 2012 yesterday as well. Then we had a fire in our backyard fire pit. This May weather in the middle of March is fabulous. Happy Quilter's Day Joanne! I'm looking forward to seeing your fabric bowl.

Impera_Magna said...

I've wanted to try making a fabric bowl... can't wait to see how yours turned out...

It's been warm here too... highs in the upper 80s this week... too early to need air conditioning already...

Needled Mom said...

Welcome early spring!!!! I can't wait to see the fabric bowl. It looks like such an interesting project.