Friday, March 23, 2012

Fourth Blessing Block



Today I made this little 4" block from the Temecula Quilt Co.


It is the fourth block of their "Blessings" quilt along.


I also finally assembled these Easter Egg ornaments. I cross stitched them a few years ago and just never got around to cutting out layers of cardboard and putting them all together.


They were so easy to finish, I don't know why I waited so long! They are 4+1/2" tall.
The "Dresden Plates" behind are on an old clock that belonged to my great grandparents in Nova Scotia.

Here are a couple of things I forgot to show you -


I added some ribbons and bows to the tin cup and lace pincushion, so it is all finished and being used.


Plus, this is a little wall hanging that my mother made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, using fabric that Wendy (Inky Threads) gave me. My Mom used her new Rose of Sharon die for the GO! cutter.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Wonderful basket blocks and some lovely projects! it's always nice to see what you've been working on. Your mom's mini is sweet!

Linda said...

Basket blocks are pretty!! Love your ornaments! Very pretty!!! Your clock is a real treasure. I love how there are Dresdens decoratively carved in the wood. Beautiful!

Wendy said...

I'm loving those blocks. Adorable pin cushion too. The ribbon adds a lot.

Ruth said...

I love your cross stitched eggs! And the old clock looks wonderful! How neat to have it as a family heirloom.

Karen said...

The bunny cross stitch is so sweet. Perfect finish for the season.

Sylke said...

The baskets are so cute - thank you for reminding me this BOM ;)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I envy your basket blocks!!!!
They look sooo perfect--how do you get them to come out soooo good????
If you read my post for today you can see how I am struggling to get mine come out right--help!!!!
Hugs, Di

Barb said...

lovely post today!
the Easter ornaments are incredible! so cute. Love your pin cushion too and the AAQI quilt.

cayena said...

son muy bonitos cada uno de sus trabajos