Saturday, December 24, 2011

Stash Busting

For the past 3 days I have been cutting up fabric, trying to deplete my scraps.


I used the Rob Peter to Pay Paul die and the 3+1/2" Tumbler die for the GO!.


This is the RPTPP quilt kit. There are 128 centres (I inherited the off-white yardage, and also most of the scraps) and over 500 "melons". It should be a 70" x 84" quilt, although I might add a border.


This is the tumbler quilt kit. I am hoping that it will be a lap quilt. I will use it as another "leader & ender" project, alternating the off-white with the scrap tumblers.


I cut all the leftover pieces into 2" - 3/4" strips to make a string quilt.

My goal for next year is to use up lots of the fabric I have in my stash, having quilt kits all ready to go seemed like a good start.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

7 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That was my goal for this year, and I did make a huge dent in my stash, and I am going to do the same in 2012. It feels great to make quilts that aren't costing me anything at the moment except time.

Michelle said...

Wow !
It's great to have stuff sitting there ready to go.
The tumblers would make a greast leader/ ender project.
Seasons Greetings

Wendy said...

Awesome! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!!!

Deanna said...

Those look like some very encouraging beginnings. It will be fun to watch them develop.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are so organized now with 3 great projects ready to sew...love it! The RPTPP kit is especially appealing to me...I would want to sit right down and sew it together!

Rhonda said...

I need to make time to cut and store my stash. You have inspired me!!!

Raewyn said...

A great idea for organising your scraps. I've been doing crumb blocks lately but spend so much time rummaging for pieces!! I need a few projects ready to roll like you have. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy New Year to you and your family.