Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Avoiding Unpicking!


I have 76 Flying Geese blocks to unpick and remake (I should have double checked my measurements for the fast flying geese), but I seem to be finding other things do to instead!


I have been making more braid for a piece of Romanian Point Lace.


I started another hat. The last one was too thin and so I am making my own version with two strands of wool. Hopefully it will fit.


I decorated the house for Christmas.

My computer is going back in the shop tomorrow, so I should have no excuse to avoid unpicking those flying geese.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Yikes, thats a whole lot of unpicking. I feel your pain. :-)

Wendy said...

Back in the shop?!? Holy Moley!

Barb said...

Oh darn! I hate unsewing!
your house looks lovely -

Deanna said...

Because I am sometimes this way, I would probably call them the beginnning of another project and make new ones. Whoa! That is a big confession. :)

Needled Mom said...

76???? Oh dear!!! Good thing you will have one less distraction with the computer gone. ;(

Your decorating looks so warm and inviting.

What stitch is that in your hat? It looks terrific.

Terri said...

I don't think I'd pick out those seams, either. Can't you start over? It would be faster than the tedious unsewing. (How is picking the seam going to make the pieces bigger? I guess I'm confused.)
Hugs (you need one!)

sunshine said...

you should post your pattern if you drafted it yourself on ravelry there is a group now and they are hungy for new projects to make. Just save it in a PDF format and upload to ravelry

corina said...

I hate unpicking seams. I'm like a few of the others that commented and would probably just make new ones. I love the lace you are making. I've never seen it done. If I was doing it, there would be a lot of untangling to do!

I'm Myra said...

I'd sure like to see that Romanian Point Lace in person some day... Never seen such!
Hope your hat is working out this time!
What lovely built in cabinet/shelves you've got there! Very nice!

ileanak said...

EN VÄLDIGT FINN NYTT ÅR önskar jag dig! Din teckning av spets (Romanian point )ser ut fint jag blir väldigt nyfiken om resultatet ...det blir säkert en väll gjort jobb som alla andra dina arbete!