Monday, October 3, 2011

Hop To It Block Finished



I finished up block #10 of the Hop to It BOM (it is the 3rd block we are doing).



I have also been knitting socks. This is with wool/mohair that I bought in Quebec this summer. The pattern is Traveling Stocking from the "Knitting on the Road" book. I am knitting them the "two at a time" way (on one long needle) - it is easy to keep the pattern straight this way.



There seems to be an unusual amount of lady bugs around now - they are all over the place.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Marié said...

I love your hop to it applique block.

Karen said...

Those points are done oh so well and the curves so smooth!

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your block - it's wonderful! I hate those little lady bugs we have those and the box elder bugs are really bad this year. But...I'm still happy that Fall is here!

sharecropper said...

I stumbled here in a search for Romanian braid, and I'm fascinated with all your work - especially the table center in Romanian lace. The quilts are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Lovely applique! Nicely done.

-Wendy

sigisart said...

Hi Joanne,
concerning your question I send you an Email. Hope everything is alright.
Have a good time...
Many greetings from germany.
sigisart

Sheila said...

Your hop to it block is beautiful , and those socks are gorgeous , wow , would love to knit like that!

CindyC said...

My house has been a wintering home for lady bugs. We had always had them here for years and earlier this year we had to have an exterminator come to take care of some unwanted pests. I then he may have (killed or) scared off the lady bugs. But then we have also had the worst drought in years. Hopefully they will come back. On warm winter days you would see them crawling all over hte ceiling and walls. When you would walk outside you would walk thru the lady bugs and carry them with you. Absolutely amazing!