Saturday, October 15, 2011

Denise's Tip

I forgot to mention last week when I was adding the sashing to the Granny's Hankie quilt, that Denise suggested in her instructions to place masking tape on the underside of the ruler to help with cutting the strips.


This was a fantastic tip (I just had to draw an arrow on the ruler to make sure I aligned the fabric on the correct side of the tape!). I used 2 layers of tape just to be sure that there was enough of an edge to get caught on the end of the fabric.


I cut all the sashing much quicker than I normally would.
Thanks for the tip Denise!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Miki Willa said...

This turned out great. I really wanted to make these blocks, but I kept missing the downloads, and only have four of them. Maybe next time. Yours is beautiful.

Dorothy said...

That's a great idea. Thanks for passing it along. I totally love your quilt. The colors are beautiful.

Joan said...

Looks lovely Joanne - Those borders and sashing really make the quilt Zing :) And a great idea from Denise!

YankeeQuilter said...

I found some brightly colors masking tape to use for this...really helps when cutting green fabric on a green cutting mat!

Myra said...

That is a great tip there Joanne! Thanks for passing it on!

Your Granny's Hankie is looking mighty fine!! Awesome! 8-)

My Sweet Prairie said...

That quilt is GORGEOUS. And what a great idea!!! I put green painter's tape on top to remind me where to line up with, but I never though of putting it underneath. S M A R T p.s. Painter's tape is easier to remove than masking I find. : )
~Monika

Raewyn said...

What a great hint - I can see me using that idea often :-)