Monday, January 10, 2011

Romanian Point Lace

I have been working on the Romanian Point Lace table center.

I have finished crocheting all the braid and tacking it to the pattern. Now just the needle lace/filling stitches to complete.


It always amazes me what happens when I "knuckle down" and work on something!! I really see an end in sight!

I was worried about how to attach the outer braid (pattern is here), but it turns out to be quite easy - just attaching at every point and running the thread through the regular braid.

FYI
- The work is all done on the back of the piece. When it is finished the piece will be removed from the pattern and the right side will be revealed - I hope some of the stitches look as good on the right side (the leaves?!).

Here is the finished piece in the Anna magazine.
It finishes to 70cm/27".

And the January 1990 Anna magazine the pattern comes from.

Ileanak has a great new Romanian Point Lace blog.

Downy Woodpecker at the suet feeder today.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments:

QuiltNCards said...

You R a Thread Head! An amazing one! Your lace is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Terri

Stray Stitches said...

Your work is truly amazing and gorgeous!! I am in awe!

Love the downy woodpecker.

Kate said...

Your work is absolutely stunning,,that lace is magnificent...Congratulations...

Ursula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ursula said...

Absolutly gorgeous.....thank you so much sharing

jillyヅ said...

If this is the back, I'm sure the front is amazing!!! Beautiful work Joanne.
Hope you and your family are keeping warm. Mr. Wonderful stands at the door everyday and will say, "come on snow", over and over again. If it does snow, I'm calling the papers and telling on him;-)

blessings,
jilly

Linda said...

I've been wondering where your little woodland friends have been?? So fun to see them again!

Joanne, your Romanian Point Lace is stunning. I can't believe you are almost done! It's so pretty and delicate.

Dee said...

That's just beautiful, and so much work!

Needled Mom said...

That is positively stunning work!!!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Wow - it's beautiful! Such tedious work - and you've done a lovely job!

sunshine said...

that is like an impossible issue of anna to find I have looked all over the internet and no luck. Would you be willing to loan it to me I would only keep it a week then send it right back with a gift for you as a thank you